To whom it my concern

A major part of this Blog is the excerpts (revised) of a book I am writing by the same name "A Funny Little Though,"

It is my hope to help serve mankind and the Mother of all of us Mother-earth.

True we were born sinners but we were also born to be "stewards" of this land we call Mother-earth!

Author and Illustrator, Mary K. Butler

This Blog is the political, philosophical, and religious points of view of One American. The three little dirty words we all like to talk about

StonewallMary

StonewallMary
Visionary, Philosopher, Theologian, Architectural Designer, Free Thinker

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The only hero on the playground

As a youngster, I too would plead for a penny to put in the candy machine. Unlike most youngsters, if I received the penny, I would then rush over and give it to the child begging for a penny. Needless to say, I stopped getting pennies for I would just give them away.

At about age five I met an older gent whittling by a stump. While observing him at work shaving the wood away, I asked how many friends he had (For I thought someone that old must have a lot), he said to me, “Youngen, You‘ll be lucky if when you’re my age you can count one friend on your hand!” Contemplating this for a minute I said, “Well then, I will just have to make sure that I can be that one person on every persons hand I meet!” He stopped whittling and looked at me sternly, I looked back the same (Tom-boy, redhead). He smiled, offered me a some lemon aid as our discussion continued. When it came time to go he called to me as I was walking away and said, “Of all the spirits I have met in my life time, I think you could do it.” “Let me be your first friend.”

Then as a youth, I started school at age 14 in Pittsburgh California (Antioch J. H.). I had to contend with a lot of harassment. It wasn’t just because I was a New’vy, there was the fact that I was illiterate (according to their standards in the 3 R’s, I could walk in to the woods and never have to come out if I didn’t wish, with remarkable math skills), and learning disabilities. Then socially inapt when it came to living in a polyester, Catholic Church on Sunday, public school, track home lifestyle I now had to live (Railroad overalls, wood cook stove, oil lamps, never staying in one place to long and no school).

I literally woke up in a new world! Yet, even my archenemy, I won over because I cared when no one else would. Even at the cost of been beat up by another archenemy in the bathroom, I would not leave her side. Also at the time, I had only one male best friend, this was a young man fixed in a chair (You would never knew it though), whose only way to talk was to use his eyes or a stick (I still love and miss you all).

I could go on and on, but the truth of the matter is that even as a small child, I wanted to be a Hero! So I became a Hero, only to find I was the only hero on the playground (I did attend 1st grade). Even sadder still, it seems I am practically still the only Hero on the playground now, which makes for a lonely life.

My mother said to me more then once to stop being a “JOAN of ARC.” I would tell her I couldn't help it, (With a, “You can’t save the world” speech). It was not until yrs later I understood who “JOAN of ARC.” was.

Furthermore, hearing more then once that any person can give shelter and healing to a friend, but to put aside ones differences and help those that at one time did you wrong was truly an act of kindness in the Eyes of God (for me, my Great Parent). So that is what I do. Only to have the folks tell me “You have doormat written all over your forehead” Hearing this more times then I like, I came back one day with “Don’t they say God rewords you double in heaven for your un-selfish deeds here on earth when you get to heaven?” “Ya” “Well, I would rather have Doormat Doormat on Gods forehead then Azzhole Azzhole.”  I just can’t give up on Humanity! If that makes me a sucker oh well, I have no regrets

Now as a adult, I have worked over 15 yr or so, pushing for building code reform, to save lives, land, and liberties (Blog: "Build to flow with nature and not to resist it"). As well as, writing a book these last 8 yrs, that I am now publishing on a Blog (A Funny Little Thought). This book is dedicated to humanities, community awareness, and solution for both. Then there are the innovations in business ideas and products to help communities, save lives, land. Followed by some business venture that serve the public with little to nil competition, which is essential to a starting company and it's investors (Blog: Brainstormen Headhunter).

Even thou I have not made any new change in the world yet, I shall not yield. I will continue until I am taken seriously by the world and it’s needs. After so many yrs networking, I would have thought some one would have wanted to bring change, nothing so far. I guess I am still one of the only Heroes on the playground.

Help me help the world, so I can do my job!

2 comments: