To whom it my concern

A major part of this Blog is the excerpts (revised) of a book I am writing by the same name "A Funny Little Though,"

It is my hope to help serve mankind and the Mother of all of us Mother-earth.

True we were born sinners but we were also born to be "stewards" of this land we call Mother-earth!

Author and Illustrator, Mary K. Butler

This Blog is the political, philosophical, and religious points of view of One American. The three little dirty words we all like to talk about

StonewallMary

StonewallMary
Visionary, Philosopher, Theologian, Architectural Designer, Free Thinker

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To be Disabled or Elderly in America

Here I sit, thinking how once I made $38.00 ph when I worked Building America. Now the Federal Government (with their $80.00 ph wage) and the State Government (with their $20 to $50 ph wage) pay me barley $6.92 ph to live off and feed, house ($750 rent), and care for my two kids still in the home. Even sadder still, the state I live in taxed my SSI and reduced the money my children received by a 1/3 in TANF (food and cash).
So with SSI’s $3.01 ph + $1.99 ph TNAF (State)+$1.92 ph in food stamps we call it living. I did not ask to be disabled! I now live on for American standers, a none living wage. For how can't I have a car and maintain it or anything else for that matter.
"Please don’t think bad of me for being broken (or old)," is what I say a lot, for I worked from age 3 until my 30s. And here I sit in pain, with no real money or health-care for the the children or I.
Oh, on the up side, the State Doctors wants to give me pain pills to mask my pain, but not fix the problem. These pills are worth from $20 to $80 a piece on the street. Bull S**T, I cannot and will not accept the pain pills anymore and have not for sometime.
I feel it is entrapment by my Government, in regards to the fact that; “What good parent is going to let their child go without when they have the means to make their life better.” Ether way, I must suffer without pain meds, for if I had them I would sell them for my children to finely have the thing they need, and now I must go without for the temptation is to grate! Heck, I have known some folk that had to sell their pills to keep a roof over their head, food on the table, pay car insurance, gas, and Meds in the cabinet.
In many ways, a disabled/elderly person has less right then a Felon. The cost of taking care of us is about the same per day, when it come to cost to the Taxpayer. We both can’t own a gun. For me a gun is an asset and for the Felon it’s back up the river! (You pay about $20k a year for a felon & about $8k for me)
NOW, the big difference between a Disabled/elderly person and a Felon is the fact that, even though a Disabled person can vote, our Constitutional Right to “Prosper” from that vote is NO MORE! Where a Felon has NO RIGHTS to vote, he/she has every right to prosper from yours and my vote.
How dose it feel to work hard throughout ones life to help your Country Prosper, and to give the ultimate sacrifice and becoming disabled in life do to the hard work and dedication to the growth of America. Only to be told you cannot have a living wage, your children after age 16 will have their teeth pulled do to State health care, that you can’t build up any assets of any kind like a boat or motorbike, or real-estate investments and/or stocks. H_E_Double_Hockey sticks, you can’t even be married or the FEDS will cut your SSI benefits in half.
P.S. Worst yet, I was recently told by the State I now live in, that any children one has in this State, belong to the State and one must report to them any movement, even if you move to a different school district you must seek their permission!!! WHAT IS AMERICA COMING TO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment